"MBP guided us in the steps towards sustainable transport. Initially we only used MBP BioDiesel in a handful of our vehicles. Today, three years later it fuels our entire fleet."
I nostri clienti dicono:
Sustainability and Environment
Modern By-Products was always built on a sustainable background, adding as much value as possible to industrial by-products. In April 2012 MBP was approved as a supplier of sustainable biofuels and bioliquids according to the Swedish national implementation of the EU Renewable Energy Directive (RED), the company was certified by Det Norske Veritas. Also in 2012 MBP received a certification according to the RED voluntary scheme, ISCC that is valid in all of EU. These RED certifications allow MBP to prove that our biofuels are sustainable and it allows our customers to qualify for tax exemptions and other schemes linked to biofuels.
MBP’s Sustainability Policy, as it was adopted by the board in June 2008, goes as follows:
“This Sustainability Policy is valid for all companies operating in the Modern By-Products Group. Working for the environment has been part of the ideological back bone in Modern By-Products right from the foundation of the company in 1999 until today. In Modern By-Products we take pride in identifying products that are normally considered a waste or a by-product from production, and by understanding the potential of this by-product we will put it to its optimal application. By doing so, we not only reduce the waste generated in the society; we also reduce the consumption of primary raw material, as our by-product based products will often substitute primary raw material. The Sustainability Policy in the Modern By-Products Group is covered by the following non-exhaustive list:
- Through our activities we shall strive to add value to waste and by-products in order to reduce the negative impact that these streams may have through land-filling or other types of disposal, and at the same time reduce the consumption of primary resources by substituting primary raw material with value added by-products
- We prioritize good housekeeping and the preservation of natural resources in order to contribute to a sustainable society
- We shall always, at the very least, comply with the environmental requirements imposed by current legislation and regulations
- Environmental work is an integrated and natural part of our daily work
- Our environmental management system will lead to a way of working in which we constantly strive to develop and improve ourselves
- We work towards making employees, customers and suppliers aware of general environmental issues and the issues which apply specifically to the products we manufacture
- Our product development endeavours to view the product from the perspective of its entire life cycle and to seek solutions with a low impact on the environment
- The environmental aspects are taken into account when investing in production equipment and production methods.”
MBP’s Environmental work:
In 2012 MBP achieved a ISO 14001 certification, which serves as a framework for our wider environment management system.
MBP’s Environmental Policy as it was approved by the Board of MBP on 27 June 2012:
The MBP Group want to be the best in innovative management of biological by-products. We are aware that operating our business could have an impact on the environment. It is therefore essential that all parties concerned, either within or outside our organisation, combine their efforts to both recognise and reduce the impact our operations have upon it.
To this end we at The MBP Group commit to the following statements:
- To operate our business in a manner that is sensitive to the needs and concerns of the people and the surrounding environment.
- To use where practical appropriate technology to develop sound environmentally conscious means of providing our services.
- To integrate environmental issues into our decision making, whilst recognising that business concerns might affect the course of action.
- Where practical to reduce or eliminate pollution
- To continually look for ways to improve our business and reduce our environmental impact.
- To educate and train our employees in the use of environmentally conscious practices, recognising that no matter what their roles are, they are also responsible for protecting the environment.
- To ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements related to our operations.
- To set and achieve our environmental objectives and targets.
Concrete short term environmental targets are as follows:
- Norway: Limit the number of neighbour complaints due to smell to zero in 2013.
- Denmark: Reduce energy consumption for heating by 10% from 2012 to 2013.
- Sweden: Put in place safety measures to ensure zero pollution of local river.
Switzerland: Investigate possibility to reduce transporters use of fossil fuel.